2010년 5월 3일 월요일

fun in hospitals




So 2 weekends ago was the fourth and final rock climbing lesson/boot camp. We had a long day in the hot sun climbing a shorter, vertical wall. We were also learning how to lead climb and it was pretty nerve wrecking for me. We ended around 4 and headed down the road for our finishing ceremony and dinner/party. We started by playing joke-gu, a fun Korean game. It's like volleyball, but with a soccer ball, and using your feet. It can bounce once in between hits...it's so fun. And I turned out to be pretty good at it, with my soccer background. As I was playing, Jared was sitting on the sidelines being encouraged to drink, drink, drink...but he wasn't feeling very well. He eventually asked someone to go sit in their car. I thought maybe he was dehydrated from the sun and needed a little rest, so I stayed for the final ceremony (I got MVP and a nice backpack as a reward!), then went to check on him. He was having a hard time breathing, and was really hot. He was feeling really bad at this point, so we decided to head to the hospital.

2 hours later and after Jareds temperature went from about 103 degrees back to normal from an IV, they let us go home. Jared was feeling fine...we took the scooter out, got pizza, watched a movie, then went to bed around midnight. At 2am, Jared woke up shivering. He was so hot to touch, but was bundled up in two blankets and a hat. We were deciding whether or not to go to a hospital again when he started throwing up...this made our decision. We caught a cab to the ER and spent the rest of the night there, with Jared hooked up to another IV. They had to wait until morning to take a ct scan, so we slept for a few hours until morning. The scan showed that Jared has semi-serious pneumonia and had to be transfered to a larger hopsital that specialized in the respiratory sytem, as he had started coughing up blood. We spent the morning in the ER there, until after noon, when they checked him into a room and said he would be there at least a week...wow! So it was Monday afternoon, and I headed back to school to work the last few hours of the day. We have to pay people to cover our classes when were are sick, and I knew we would be paying a lot for Jared to be out, so I figured I should work as much as I could. After work and picking up stuff from home and snacks for Jared, I headed back to hospital for the night. We watched "The Office" and ate cake and doughnuts from people who came to visit. In the morning, they woke us up before 7, and I headed to work, then came back after work for more tv shows and treats. This is how the whole week went. On Friday, after being on an IV for a week and taking multiple chest X-rays, they let Jared come home with a weeks worth of pils...and lots of them. I think he has 22 pills a day to take, without knowing what any of them are!

So yes, it was an interesting week. Jared had 5 other roommates (men) and a couple of them spoke a little English and were very into helping Jared with anything and everything he needed or didn't need. One of the men's wives stayed there all the time and slept on the floor, and I stayed and slept on the floor, so there were 7 of us in all...we watched a lot of "The Office" and ate a lot of food, and it wasn't too bad, but it was nice to come home and sleep in our bed again on Friday.

This past weekend, we took it easy. We scooted out to a few beaches, walked around town, and had dinner at a few new places.

We are both back in school full time now, and enojoying every minute of it (maybe an exaggeration). :)

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기