2010년 5월 12일 수요일

Another week




Last Thursday, we had dinner with our climbing group. We all went to a seafood resturant where we sat on the floor, and they brought out big pots of seafood and they boiled it in front of us. It was clams, oysters, and full octopuses. If you know me at all, you know that it was even tough for me to sit there while so much seafood was around. I ended up trying a few bites of things, but ultimmately just drinking. We spent about 3 hours socializing there, while people kept showing up...after dinner, we went to a Nori-bong (the private karaoke room) and we ended up partying for a few more hours. It was a really fun night and I felt like we got to know the other climbers much better, although we still can't communicate well...like they say, "hand motions" are how we mostly get by.

The next day, Jared had a follow up doctors appointment, so he got to sleep in and skip the classes before lunch. I, on the other hand, had to wake up early and go to a school picnic. Luckily, I felt okay. I spent the day with my January class, the youngest, running around and herding them together. There were 13 of them, and they definitely were interested in just about everything besides getting together for picnics or lunch. But it was a lot of fun and I got tons of good pictures.

This week, our directores took us to an all you can eat buffet. It had tons and tons of seafood, and quite a bit of meat. Jared was so happy to see so much sushi...between us, I think we ate 7 plates of food...we kinda went crazy! It was delicious...afterwards, we went our for a beer with our foreign coworkers, spending some outside work time together. Another fun night. Seems like we've had a lot of little events recently.

Also, I cut Jared's hair the other night. It was getting long and he was starting to feel sloppy for work. I think I did a really good job cutting it, although I don't know how Jared immediately felt about it. I think he felt reassured after going to school the next day and getting many compliments on it.

This weekend, we are planning on climbing on Sunday.

Last week, we booked our ticket home! We are flying to Frankfurt, Germany, on September 20 to visit my brother. From there, we will go to Amsterdam for 4 or 5 days, then to Oktoberfest in Munich for a few days, then back to Josh's house for a fews days before flying to Minneapolis on September 29th. After that, I don't know how I will get back to St. Louis yet, but I do plan on taking a trip out east with Katy to visit Susan and run a half marathon, which I started training for about a month ago. So yeah, lots to look forward to there.

We are still planning to go to Thailand for our summer break at the end of July, but haven't booked the ticket yet..hopefully we will get to that soon.

Miss everyone so much! Hope these blogs aren't getting too boring...I feel like I ramble a bit.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기