2010년 4월 20일 화요일

More climbing!




Another two weeks of rock climbing have gone by, and I've been slow on the blogging recently. Two weeks ago, we left Saturday night to camp out about an hour from here, in a bigger city called Busan. We were up on a hill over the city, and it was much warmer than the week before. It was supossed to rain Sunday afternoon, so the leaders decided we needed to wake up at 5am to get going earlier and avoid the rain. Good thing was, we didn't have to run and do exercises when we got up. We instead hiked for awhile up the mountain til we got to a long rock wall...we ended up climbing up all day. It was maybe 10-15 shorter climbs, all different types. The climbing part was pretty fun, but it was so windy and absolutely freezing up there. We were split up in smaller groups, but still had a lot of waiting around time. I was wearing a tshirt, two long sleeve shirts, a heavy fleece, and a rain jacket, and was still very cold...I ended up getting scrapes and bruises all over my legs and hands and didn't feel any of them happen because my body was numb...so I guess that was a plus. The rain held off and we ended a little early...nice to get home and make dinner and get a good nights sleep before school the next day. We were exhausted and were both asleep by 930p

This past weekend, I got sick. A few people in our office had the flu last week, and I think I got a bit of it. I decided to skip camping Saturday night (after laying in bed all Saturday) and ended up waking up early Sunday morning, to Jared's call (he did go camping) and felt a little bit better. I took a bus and a taxi and met up with the climbers here in Ulsan, at Munsu Mountain, a place Jared and I have been hiking quite a bit. I arrived around 9am and watched during the morning. I didn't feel strong enough to climb but wanted to be there to learn anything new. During the afternoon, I climbed a few times. It was one very tall vertical wall and it was really hard for both Jared and I. They had him on a harder route that was rated 5.10a. When I went, they basically pulled me up parts where I got stuck. It was interesting that they didn't give me much time to try, but like I said, I didn't have much energy...maybe they felt that. We got home around 6, not as tired as the weeks previously, but still tired enough to be in bed by 10. I felt much better and was fine by Monday morning.

I forgot to metnion a few weeks ago that we got a scooter. When our friend Daniel left, he sold us his 125cc scooter that we have been scooting around town with. It's pretty fun. I'm too scared to drive, so it's only been Jared so far, and he's handling it well.

School is still trucking along. I still enojoy my young class, and a few others. The days are getting warmer, but it goes it cycles of warm, rain, then cold...all for a few days. We are waiting for it to stay warm.

Our director gave a us tickets to a symphony orchestra tomorrow night so we will go to that...something exciting mid-week...so weird!

Hope spring time is beautiful back home!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기