2010년 1월 6일 수요일

Christmas in Korea!


Sorry I haven't written for such a long time. It's been on my do-to list, but have been quite busy recently. After finishing portfolio's, we had four days of school left before a 10 day, much needed break. The night before the last day of school, all of us foreign teachers had to dress up as Santa Claus and deliver presents to all of the kindergartners in our school. We were divided up to go with a Korean teacher and they drove us around to houses/apartments, and we walked around in our Santa suits, consisting of red pants, red jacket, black belt, gloves, a hat, and an itchy big white beard. We did the "Ho, ho, ho, Merry Christmas," gave them a present, then were off to the next house. It took over 3 hours, but it was pretty fun. Jared was voted the best Santa any of the Korean teachers have seen in the past 10 years of the school being open. He wore sunglasses and really got into it. Hopefully we can find pictures from somebody to post.

That last night of school, we had a teachers Christmas party. The owners of our school took us to a Chinese restaurant, where we had tons of food, and wine and beer. After a great dinner, full of maybe more drinking games then actual eating, we went out with the Korean teachers to another Noribong, a private karaoke room. There we continued to drink beer, but also added int strawberry soju. It was a fun night, but the next day was rough. If anyone has seen me int he past after mixing alcohol...yeah, I still haven't learned.

We finished school on Thursday and had some take out pizza as our Christmas Eve dinner. We then decided to give each other our presents...partly because I was getting a little anxious. We woke up the next morning and did the traditional present opening with the rest of the gifts from our family.

Saturday morning we woke up and decided to go on a trip. I spent all morning on the computer and phone and booked us a trip to Taiwan leaving the next morning. We jumped on the bus to Seoul, spent way too much money on the train, dinner and hotel, and left for Taiwan in the morning. I will write another blog about that experience in itself because it's getting late and I need to get some sleep before school tomorrow. I have realized teaching is about a million times harder to do when I'm tired. I think Jared thinks I'm lame since I'm so time conscious at night, but for me, it's a necessity. Goodnight all!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기