2009년 10월 31일 토요일

One month down!




We have completed our first month. I guess I feel happy time has been going by fast. I love Korea, and the city is great, but I miss Washington so much, it surprises me. I think Jared is feeling the same way. Our school is still taking a lot out of us, but again, every day is getting better. I'm sure in a few weeks, it will be much easier for us, but right now, we are still struggling.

We celebrated Halloween in school the other day. I will try to attach some photos to see more adorable kids. We had a haunted house in a room that was about 8 by 10 feet big. The lights were off, we hung black sheets with cobwebs, and had balloons everywhere. When I think about haunted houses I went to as a child, this was pathetic...but it worked. Most of the kids, ages 4-13, were scared..some much more than others. It probably didn't help having 3 or 4 of us teachers dressed up and jumping out screaming and yelling in their faces...but hey, it was the scariest thing we could think of.

I was set up to go paragliding this morning, but the wind was too strong, so I was not able to go. That would have been fun, but I guess I'll get to go another time. It is much cheaper here than in the states.

Besides that, not much new. We got two new teachers at our school...one couple left, and this one replaced them, so we are already not the newbies anymore. Kinda wish we still had the title until we were more comfortable. Oh well.

The weather is still warm here. Tshirts during the day, light jackets at night. It's nice! We are going to try to go to a National Park next weekend to get our hiking and camping fix. It will be our first long trip using the train/bus combo across Korea, so we will see if we make it. Hope everyone is having a great fall!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기